On completion of your hair Extensions it will be important that you abide by the necessary aftercare instructions, failure to do so could lead to your hair extensions not lasting and looking as good as they should. We have outlined the criteria here.
You will be provided with an REMY X-tension aftercare leaflet on completion of your hair extensions. You will be required to sign a copy of this for our records.
- It is always advisable to wash hair in the shower removing all tangles with the recommended brush first. Once your bonds have been applied do not wash hair for at least 3 days to allow bonds to set. Dry Shampoo may be used for this period, avoiding bonds.
- Wet the hair and dilute Shampoo with a cup pf warm water before applying, stroke the shampoo down the hair, squeeze gently, do not rub. Do not use any commercial shampoos, conditioners or sprayings or any mousse, gels or conditioning agents on the bonds or they will become softer and may slip. Do not leave any conditioner or leave products in your hair overnight. Do not go to bed with wet hair as it may tangle.
- Lift the hair and apply soap suds to the nape area.
- Rinse thoroughly and apply Conditioner to mid-length down, do not apply to bonds.
- Rinse hair thoroughly, squeeze excess water out, do not rub.
- When brushing extensions always support them with one hand, over vigorous brushing will cause breakage.
- Always tie hair back when swimming, sunbathing, sleeping and taking part in sports. You may put your hair into a soft plait to keep the cuticles from rubbing together and causing friction.
- If wearing tight head gear you may experience softening of the bonds and flattening, i.e.: if horse riding or riding a motor bike.
- Any colouring of your own hair should be done at least 2 weeks prior to application of the bonds. If hair needs to be permed this must be done at least 2 weeks prior to application of extensions. Once extensions have been fitted you may colour your own hair around hairline and the roots of your parting. Do not allow solution to get on extensions.
- Do not bleach hair extensions. Do not process hair i.e.: perming, colouring, highlighting, foiling or processing or colour rinsing in any way as the chemicals used in the hair extensions may no be compatible with the chemicals in the solution and results may be disappointing.
- Separate extensions regularly so matting does not occur. It is best to do this when the extensions are wet. Separate each bond from its partner all the way along the rows, horizontally and vertically. Remember to do this every time your hair has been washed.
- Expect some discomfort for the first 2 weeks or so. Your scalp needs to get used to the extra weight of hair that has been applied.
- An itchy scalp signifies you have not rinsed thoroughly, or that your scalp is getting used to the extra weight attached to your hair.
- In very rare, extreme cases, 1 in 50,000 clients have experienced a small amount of hair loss because their roots were too weak to support bond. Unfortunately this cannot be determined until you wear extensions. Your Professional Extensionist will have examined your hair and done a tensile test, however, this does not guarantee that your roots are 100% strong enough for extensions and only time will tell. It is extremely rare that this happens but this must be taken into consideration.
- You will experience some shedding and you may lose some extensions but do not worry this is quite normal. Your may lose 5 up to 20 extensions, depending on how careful you treat them.
- Wash hair in the shower, with head back, and make sure you rinse thoroughly. Do not apply conditioner to the bonds. Do not put your head forward into the basin – always wash hair with your head BACKWARDS in the shower.
- Use a Shower Cap when having a shower to protect your extensions.
- If you have very greasy hair, use a Dry Shampoo in-between wet washes.
- When hair is washed pat dry, add heat spray.
- Dry the hair using a hairdryer (section by section) on low heat, avoiding the bonds. Once hair is dry apply serum then straighten or style as usual.
You are advised that your extensions will need re-lifting 6-8 weeks. This is only a personal guideline as each persons hair grows at a different rate.
You will need to have extensions taken out after 3 months as leaving them in any longer can put strain on the natural root of the hair. The must be removed from an X-tensions extensionist. We are not held responsible if any other person removes your extensions.
YOU AGREE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR AFTERCARE.